Post-LARP post: Dying Kingdoms Camper – November 13-15, 2015
This game had some great highs, and very little lows.
- The above photo by Flip Cassidy.
- The group my PC is with, the Stormcrows, had a tits-hot camp. The tent, and all the decorum were just amazing, and very immersive. Even better, I didn’t have to set it up 🙂 Even more betterer, the campsite was a 15 minute drive from home.
- Mattos was able to further his personal plot-line a bit (fyi, I’m taking it slow, I’m in no rush). Mattos’ allergy to elves was able to insult them quite deeply. (OOG, I know it’s a confrontation of the internal story that somebody playing an elf has, i.e. I’m pretty). Mattos as able to discover that he has some kind of fae blood, role-playing with Skaven (the ever-amazing DW). He also discovered that the svaltafar (drow/dark elves) smell amazing to him. (OOG, I’m interpreting that he has a fae-spirit aligned with the svaltafar. That spirit hates all other elves, and is pretty evil itself. Mattos doesn’t know this IG, however).
- Starting about 2 on Saturday was when the game picked up for my character. Mattos had a great moment liberating a slave that had been brainwashed by lizard-people. I sent this slave (IG name Essen, OOG name David Pulcifer) back to Maldava, and paid a pretty penny (a full gold solarum) to make sure he got there, paying for a caravan to keep him tied up and drunk the entire journey. I predict my upcoming downtimes will be breaking the brainwashing on this slave.
- The last battle was pretty gnarly (in the good way). As usual, we NPC’d for this fight. Also as usual, I skirmished rather than holding the line. Par for the course, I got a lot of backs. I’m glad that I was able to hurt/scare folks, but didn’t end up killing any PCs.
- We Stormcrows got back into character after the big battle, and started cooking. Ian/Bear had a
murdernon-vegetarian stew. I brought murder-free stuffed acorn squash, which was uber-tasty. Unbeknownst to us, there was a cooking competition set up for two characters that I assume have in-game cooking skill. Turns out, my squash won the “unofficial” contest. This makes me interested in the cooking skill, but I don’t think it fits Mattos’ background.
- During the cooking and eating, we Storm crows performed a ritual to summon the Morrigan. OOG, this was our “let’s get some content” plea to plot. Boy howdy did they deliver. Emily played the Morrigan, and was awesome. I was genuinely afraid of her, and tried my best to not get her attention.
- Barker (Johnny Bias) and I had a long conversation as a result of this summoning. The Stormcrows had rescued his bodyguard earlier in the game, however, so we struck up a convo. Barker let me know how troubling the summoning of the Morrigan was to the rest of the group (player base), and why her asking for the Black Mirror was a fail-grenade. Mattos disclosed with Barker how everything wasn’t as it seemed, and asked for his help in stalling any efforts the Stormcrows made in the short term.
- It was fucked cold. Luckily, I was so close I just went home each night. It did suck making the hike out to day parking at 2 am, however.
- I lost my temper in the final battle. Yes, I took shield bash in the lips, and it wasn’t an accident (i.e. the guy did the classic newb-scoop shield bash, and he should know better). Nevertheless, I’m always more upset with myself when I snap like that, and that anger-poison lingers with me longer than it should.